Cricket South Africa's vision is to make cricket a truly national sport of winners.
This has two elements to it:
- To ensure that cricket is supported by the majority of South Africans, and available to all who want to play it
- To pursue excellence at all levels of the game
As the governing body of cricket in South Africa, Cricket South Africa will be lead by:
- Promoting and protecting the game and its unique spirit in the context of a democratic South Africa.
- Basing our activities on fairness, which includes inclusivity and non-discrimination
- Accepting South Africa's diversity as a strength
- Delivering outstanding, memorable events
- Providing excellent service to Affiliates, Associates and Stakeholders
- Optimising commercials rights and properties on behalf of its Affiliates and Associates
- Implementing good governance based on King 2, and matching diligence, honesty and transparency to all our activities
Code of Ethics
Cricket South Africa's Code of Ethics is based on:
- Fundamental ethical values that are enshrined in the South African Constitution
- The core values of the game of cricket as defined in the Preamble to the Laws of Cricket
- The principles and ideals contained in CSA's Pledge to the Nation in 2002
- CSA's role as the custodian of cricket in South Africa
Cricket South Africa subscribes to targeted transformation as outlined in the Preamble of the South African Constitution as well as Chapter Two which deals with the Bill of Rights and Equality (to promote the achievement of equality, legislative and other measures designed to protect and advance persons, or categories of personas, disadvantaged by unfair discrimination may be taken). The implementation of CSA's Transformation Policy and its 10 Thrusts are monitored continuously. The Policy is reviewed from time to time in terms of the dynamic nature of cricket and of South African society as a whole.