Cricket South Africa (CSA) on Thursday, announced the South Africa Schools XI team after a lavish closing ceremony of the Coca-Cola Khaya Majola Under-19 Week in Potchefstroom.
Rosier, who was the Player of the Tournament in 2011 is humbled by his selection and his appointment as captain; "I feel privileged and proud to be captain, it's been a week of mixed emotions for me and I'm really happy to receive this honour. This is a big confidence booster for me going into the CSA Cubs Week next year and I know that the hard work starts tomorrow when we face the Dragons," he said.
The SA Schools team will take on the North West Powerade Dragons at Senwes Park at 10am.
CSA Youth Cricket Manager, Niels Momberg is a happy with the performances of the players during the Week and is also pleased by the quality of cricket that was on display.
"The function this evening brought to an end a fantastic week of cricket. I'm very happy with the team selected and I believe they have what it takes to beat the Dragons tomorrow," he commented.
Daryn Dupavillon was the big winner of the evening, he received the Leading Wicket Taker award as well as the coveted Player of the Tournament award.
"This has been an amazing week for me," he said. "I've worked really hard to get here and it's really satisfying to reap the rewards."
South African Schools XI - 2012
- Diego Rosier – captain (Noord-Kaap – Griqualand West)
- Shakier Abrahams (Grey Boys’ High School – Eastern Province)
- Wesley Coulentianos (St. John’s College – Gauteng)
- Daryn Dupavillon (Maritzburg College – KwaZulu-Natal Inland)
- Clyde Fortuin (St. Joseph’s College – Western Province)
- Craig Kirsten (Kearsney College – KwaZulu-Natal)
- Greg Oldfield (Michaelhouse – KwaZulu-Natal Inland)
- Vasili Orros (Grey College – Free State)
- Shaylen Pillay (King Edward VII – Gauteng)
- Ngazibini Sigwili (Hudson Park – Border)
- Jason Smith (Wynberg Boys’ High – Western Province)
- Anrich Nortjé (Brandwag – Eastern Province)
Manager:Mr. Shaheed Khan (Western Cape Sport School – Western Province)
Coach:Mr. Mike Bechet (Maritzburg College – KwaZulu-Natal Inland)
Umpires: Abdullah Steenkamp (Western Province) and Tobie Retief (Northerns)
Leading Runscorer –Tian Koekemoer
Leading Wicket Taker –Daryn Dupavillon
Leading Allrounder –Shaylen Pillay
Wicketkeeper of the Week – Clyde Fortuin
Player of the Tournament –Daryn Dupavillon